From now on, all registrars accredited for registration and technical management of .lu do-main names can sell .lu domain names with one and two characters to their customers under their normal terms and conditions.
ᐅ Zoom on the 15 weeks of the progressive opening
- 15 domain names in one and two characters have been assigned upon applications to holders of validated trademark and companies with a designation or company name in one to two characters.
- 375 domain names in one and two characters received bids on 1-2.dns.lu, the purchase/sell platform specially set up by the Restena Foundation’s DNS-LU team.
- 252 bidders, from all countries and all continents, registered on 1-2.dns.lu.
- More than 2,700 bids were placed by all the bidders on 1-2.dns.lu.
- 4,410 € were paid for j.lu, representing the highest bid placed on the platform.
- 54 bids were placed for co.lu, the most popular domain name on the platform.
- Around 2,400 domain names in one and two characters are available for sale via .lu accredited registrars, under the normal terms and conditions, on 15 December 2020.
- 20 years of unavailability of the registration of one and two characters domain names -for both security and clarity reasons - have been abolished.