In mid-January 2022, the Restena Foundation updated the visual identity of its service in charge of the management of .lu domain names, but not only. This modernization involved the redesign of the dns.lu website, and the evolution of the my.lu platform into the accredited registrar for .lu dedicated website.
All about the .lu registry
Previously including information on the .lu registry and the registration and management of .lu domain names, the dns.lu website is now focused solely on the .lu registry activity. It is organised around four main areas, each providing specific information:
- Generic information on the operation of .lu (section 'Operation'),
- Operational information for all types of actions involving the .lu registry (section 'Domains')
- Operational information specifically dedicated to registrars (section 'Registrars'),
- General information about .lu and the .lu registry (section: About)
An enhanced directory
The main new feature of the site is a more complete directory of accredited .lu registrars, drawing on data submitted by the registrars. This compatibility information allows people wishing to register a .lu to choose their registrar according to four criteria:
- the services are offered to a professional public ('BtoB' tag)
- the services are offered to private individuals ('BtoC' tag)
- the registrar allows the registration of IDN names ('IDN' tag)
- the registrar offers DNSSEC technology ("DNSSEC" tag)
An internationalized domain name, or IDN, uses characters beyond the standard ASCII character set (a-Z, 0-9), offering a wider range of registration and communication options.